The Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario, is seeking an experienced Project Manager for a full-time contract (September 2015-March 2017) to develop, implement and evaluate Mood Walks for Youth in Transition, a province-wide educational hiking program.
» Mood Walks Project Manager (PDF)
Mood Walks for Youth in Transition will build capacity for community-based social service agencies in Ontario to launch new hiking groups for youth at risk of, or experiencing, mental health issues. The program is designed to encourage and support young people (ages 13-24) to become more physically active and to benefit from exposure to the healing effects of nature. The project is led by CMHA Ontario in partnership with Hike Ontario and Conservation Ontario.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- relevant education and/or experience in project management, program development, marketing and communications;
- knowledge of the community mental health sector;
- experience working in a non-profit environment and working with volunteers;
- knowledge of conservation areas and hiking trails in Ontario;
- ability to communicate effectively, preferably in both English and French, with strong writing, speaking and listening skills;
- marketing and communications experience, including social media;
- knowledge of youth engagement best practices;
- event planning experience;
- strong understanding of evaluation methods and tools;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- experience with project management, web publishing and contact management tools;
- experience with various social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook;
- excellent time-management and leadership skills; and
- ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
The position is based in Toronto. Some travel within Ontario may be required.
We encourage applications from all individuals with relevant experience, including people with lived experience of mental illness and family members.
Please submit resumes by 5 pm on Wednesday, August 5, 2015, to the Director, Corporate Resources, Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division, 180 Dundas Street West, Suite 2301, Toronto, ON, M5G 1Z8, by e-mail to [email protected], or by fax to 416-977-2813.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.