Call for Presentations!
Mood Walks Summit will take place February 25-26, 2017
Harbourfront Centre, Toronto, ON
Submission Deadline EXTENDED: 4 pm, Friday, November 18th, 2016
The 2017 Mood Walks summit will be an opportunity for 40+ agencies participating in the Mood Walks for Youth in Transition project to come together and share their experiences. This event will include key learnings from the project, storytelling, and learning opportunities for mental health professionals, program leaders, volunteers, project partners and youth participants. The summit will also be an opportunity to exchange knowledge and explore other areas of mental health, nature, physical activity and youth engagement. We expect 200 participants from across Ontario.
Be a part of the 2017 Mood Walks Summit as a presenter!
- Share your ideas, research, projects, and best practices
- Contribute to an important dialogue on mental health, physical health and nature
- Connect with people from across the province, diverse backgrounds, and organizations
Who can present?
- Youth, volunteers, peer leaders
- Participating agencies and partner organizations
- Policy makers, researchers and other stakeholders
- Mental health professionals in the youth sector
- Individuals from the the environmental sector
- Anyone in a related field with impactful projects or ideas to share
Suggested themes or topics:
- Nature and the outdoors
- Health promotion & active living
- Indigenous culture and inclusion
- Research & policy
- Youth engagement & leadership
- “How-to” training opportunities or workshops
Call for Presentation Guidelines
- The call for presentations will be open until Monday, November 7, 2016 at 4:00 pm.
- We encourage the distribution of this Call for Presentations.
- There is a limited budget available to help off-set travel costs for speakers, however we cannot guarantee that all travel expenses will be covered.
- Mood Walks reserves the right to make final presentation selections.
- By submitting a presentation proposal, it is understood that the presenter(s) agree to be part of an evaluation process that encourages Summit participants to evaluate each session they attend.
- We reserve the right to edit submissions for publication purposes.
or complete the following: